Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, February 13, 2020

[17:41 UTC-5]
[+20*F/+11*F[w/windchill]tonight'd Lo:-9*F/snow/winds:north@8/humidity:85%:BP:29.81"/\]..
[Friday's Hi/Lo:+7*F/-2*F/mostly sunny]..[Now Playing..MadTrollie's TV/movies..Hellfighters..]..
   We really haven't had more than a couple of inches of snow today..but I doubt that the sidewalks would have been passable for a gimpy, grumpy, old codger like me that walks with a cane and has balance issues..and one look at the forecast for Friday and even if the sidewalks were passable..with the ambient temperature that low..I don't even want to know what the wind chill might be..but curiosity got the best of me so I check..purely out of intellectual concerns..not that I had any thought of going out in it..09:00 Friday morning the windchill is forecast to be -22*F..now in the past before my retirement when I ran a shipping department for a small factory in these parts..sometimes was outside working when the windchill was -40*F+..but I was a lot younger than..and was being very well paid..actually the later had more to do with it than the former..and of course my Carhart cold weather gear helped as well..and even if the pantry wasn't full..and it is..there are plenty of restaurants and grocery stores in the area that deliver..I don't know whether I've gotten lazier or smarter in my old age..I'll walk..sidewalks  permitting..but if the windchill &/or temperature dips below 0*F..I retreat to my warm and cozy rooms and stay there..
   The first of the new moderators on the FB group "The Farthest Side" started today..and truth be told  she posted in the Admin/mod message board that she had declined her first member request..well..I reviewed it..and gave her a thumbs up..she was right on the button..since I do the lion's share of the vetting..and could really use the help..looks like we've found a good one...
   Have things to do both on and off line before I take my rest so will wish one and all a goodnight..     

No comments:

Post a Comment