Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

[17:54 UTC 5]
[+39*F/overnight Lo:31*F/cloudy/winds:n/n/e@10 mph/humidity:71%/barometer:29:94"/\]..
[Now Playing: MadTrollie's Classical-LP..Brahms "A German Requiem".."....
   When I looked at the forecast for the next couple of days this morning..light snow was in the forecast for the next couple of days..and so took a walk this morning..more about that later..but when I  brought up the weather as I always do just before posting here..I was greeted with "Winter Weather Warning" [I've posted it in the footer]..over the next two days starting very early tomorrow morning they are predicting a snowfall for the Tug Hill Plateau of 2 to 3 feet of snow..now that area is a little south and east of where I live and what I can ascertain from the local forecast we may get 4" to 6 " of the snow..but I've lived here quite awhile..and all that has to happen is that the wind direction shifts just a little and we could get more than the 4 to 8 inches predicted..or less for that matter..
   Had original planned only to go to Aldi this morning..bananas, naan bread, tomatoes, a wedge of cheese [Asiago]..and sparkling water..but when I crossed Arsenal and took a look I discovered that my short cut to Big Lots was passable..[from the warm weather and rain we got earlier today]..so decided to go there first and get the sparkling water there..while tis' true that it's a bit more expense than Aldi..a different brand..nothing really to chose between them on quality..but Big Lots carries flavors Aldi does not..ergo..got 2 cherry lemonade..a lemonade..and decided to  try a flavor I had once before..ginger lemonade..got the rest of my list at Aldi..but had a nice conversation with one of the managers..her hubby used to be one of the maintenance men at the hotel in which I reside..they're both "good" people as we would have said back in the day..she was in the process of a daily inventory and she commented that she had been on the inventory crew there since she started working there 13 years ago..I had to one up her..I was on the inventory crew where I worked from the time I walked in the door until I left some 35 years later..I can feel her pain..I was good at it but inventory taking is a royal pain in the tuckus..
   Got an earlier than /usual start to the day..and the end of day tasks are right around the corner so I will wish yo a Good Day..and exit stage left..

No comments:

Post a Comment