Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, February 21, 2020

[17:46 UTC-5]
[+29*F/+17*F/tonight's Lo:+26*F/sunny/winds:southwest@19/humidity:53%:barometer:30.31"\/]..
[Saturday's Hi/Lo:+32*F/+28*F/sunny]..[Sunday's Hi/Lo:+41*F/+35*F/sunny]..
[Now Playing..MadTrollie's..TV/movies.."Hec Ramsey-pilot"..]....
   Although the weather wasn't that bad today..I really had no need to walk..besides..Sunday thru Wednesday next week are all forecast to have mid-40s daytime highs and rain on Wednesday..and I hoping the the warm weather will eliminate what's left of the last of the accumulated snow and my "short cuts" will be passable again..
   While checking the 10 day forecast I tumbled to the fact that this is a leap year..if that fact meant anything to me I  would have figured it out myself..it's a simple math problem..take the year: 2020...divide by 4..if the product is an even number..it's a leap year..when Britain changed to the Gregorian calendar in 1752..that was the first one for  the calendar we use here in the USA..although Julius Caesar did use them in the Julian calendar over 2000 years ago..with the same any year evenly divisible by four was a leap year..
   I spent a rather atypical day for me..everything went smoothly this morning and I had the bulk of my games, duties on the FB group "The Farthest Side" and the majority of my blog postings..save this one and day's end on "Trollie's Game Room"..so I took the afternoon off..other than a couple of chip drops on two live games I play..just watched some TV and did some mechanical work..I put a rear end [mine] in my recliner..and almost dozed off a couple of times..but I  didn't sleep particularly well last night..and awoke just before 04:30..quite stiff and sore and figured it was a waste of time to roll back over and try to get more sack time..
   But the good thing about the early wake up..I got even an earlier start to my day..so may turn in tonight even earlier that /usual..just a few last details to attend to..ergo..good day to you  all.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment