Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

[17:49 UTC-5]
[+34*F/+26*F[windchill]Lo:+39*F/cloudy/winds:s/w/@9 mph/humidity:29.81"\//BP:29:81"\/]..
[Now Playing..MadTrollie's.."The Mix"..]....
   I have not guess one as to what's going on with the weather forecast..except for some drizzle we've got nothing today..now they've up-graded the alert to a Blizzard Warning..2 to 4 feet of snow up on The Tug Hill Plateau..and winds of 50 mph..and in our area maybe a foot of snow..I guess that the wind direction is changing and they keep trying to guess what come next..when I worked inventory at the plant years ago..spent 30 some odd years on the inventory crew..first as a counter and later as the supervisor of the count and all of the inventory corrections ..when we had something that there was no way to get an accurate count on..we'd make an estimate..and to the right of the count we'd write "swag" which stood for "scientific wild ass guess"..and I would suggest to the weathermen that they include a "swag" at the end of all of their future forecasts..
   Now I don't drink ever much carbonated beverages..what growing up in western NY we called pop..but when in college the NYC/Jersey kids called it soda..but I enjoy it once in awhile..either Cherry Coke or Doctor Pepper..in 7.5 oz cans..always get them at Dollar General and I was just about out..so the short cut was passable..barely..but stopped at Ollie's first just to look..ended up with a box of thin mints..and while checking out the chips saw a kind I've never seen before cheddar and horseradish flavored chips..got me a bag..now being of at least food wise of german descent horseradish was a staple..in fact my dad's mom had roots hanging in her "mudroom" and would make it fresh if beef was on the menu..any ways..the chips are great..but be warned if you don't "really" like horseradish..they probably should be avoided..
   Been a busy day on "The Farthest Side" several new member request and ergo many timelines and likes to go through..and the usual online gaming and tending my flock [aka: my blogs]..I've been blogging since October of 2002..except for a couple of year when for various reasons I didn't have internet access..been online since 1996..before WiFi or even cable access..the old dial-op days..my first PC had a 3.2 gig hard driver and 24 megs of ram..boy things have changed..
   before I write a novella I will bid you Good Day..

No comments:

Post a Comment