Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, February 14, 2020

[18:24 UTC-5]
[+3*F/-5*F[windchill]tonight's Lo:-2*F/sunny/winds:southwest@4/humidity:64%/BP:30.57"/\]..
[Saturday's Hi/Lo:+27*F/+23*F/mostly sunny]..[Sunday's Hi/Lo:+34*F/+13*F/light AM snow <1 p="">[Now Playing..MadTrollie's TV'movies.."Sink the Bismarck"..]....
   Just as forecast it's been near or below 0*F all day and wind chills below 0*F all day as well..and just as I predicted last night..I've been in my warm and cozy rooms all day as well..save for two  brief trips to the lobby..for my daily muffin, boiled egg and yogurt this AM..and a coffee this afternoon..have switch from toffee coffee to just high test black coffee..no  decaf for me..if they had it available I'd chose espresso..had my first taste of it at a beatnik coffee house my senior year in high school while attending a model UN conference at Buffalo State College..enjoyed both the conference and the espresso..
   It being Valentine's Day..I recalled that when I was in 9th grade in English class..we were given an assignment to write a Valentine poem..well I wrote a humorous one..I remember the first couplet.."Once there was a boy named Cupid..who shot his arrows and people turned stupid.."..the rest has disappeared in the fog of being some 57 years ago..apparently the teacher didn't have a sense of humor..I found out later he had just proposed to his fav lady..the poem rhymed..and the meter was spot on..and I got a grade of 65 on it[last passing]..well I got pissed off because the rest of the class wrote crap and got good grades..I took the poem to my guidance counselor..and the next day was given by my English teacher a very reluctant 95..but "kept my nose clean"[link] in that class until the end of the school year..
   That might have been the first time but not the last..in college..I would do exhaustive research on a subject..present a well writing and logical paper..and get marked down because I didn't agree with the professor..and we're not talking science or even history here..I was a a biblical studies, philosophy major..and there were more than one way to interpret the passage/subject..could have just gave the prof what he wanted..what he believed..but just couldn't do it..dang intellectual honesty..
   Still things to do before I take my rest..nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment