Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, December 17, 2020

 *[17:10 UTC-5]*[+17*F/+4*F(windchill)_overnight:+9*F_winds from the northeast@11 mph_humidity:68% _barometer:30.18"/\_Friday's hi/lo:+24*F/+11*F_sunny_winds from the northeast@6 mph_humidity:61%]*
*[This evening on MadTrollie;[a Hornblower episode;[The Examination for Lieutenant]];]*
   Been another interesting and enjoyable day here is the frozen Northcountry  of old New York State..had a decent nights sleep and over slept just a little and have had a good day all round except for the fact that I had apparently inhaled some dust or other debris and had one of my classic and world famous bouts of sneezing..I am a little susceptible to inhale an irritant that will set off a volley of sneezes..and we ain't talking a polite little sneezes..mine register on the Richter scale..decided that despite the fact that we had had a dusting of snow last night & with windchill the temperature was a brisk +4*F that what I needed was a brisk walk and some fresh air..and anyways needed to walk to Aldi either today or tomorrow so off I went..Carhart..lined sweatpants..woolen hat and my winter shoes..speaking of my winter shoes a couple of years ago bought a pair of Duluth Wild Boer Mocs..nice waterproof Suede uppers and tread that looks like it came off a set of off-road tires..and low cut..some 54 years ago on the last Saturday in October I had the misfortune of catching my left foot on a very rough soccer field while playing center-mid for my college team and sprained my left Achilles' tendon and since that point am unable to tolerate any high cut shoe or boot on that foot..less that dang tendon reminds me of that day quite forcefully..except for my wrestling boots..but they were skintight..on the bright side it gives me a built in excuse to not walk through heavy snow..just the usual fare at Aldi and a brisk walk back..and except for a brief spat later in the day when I got some pepper dust up my nose the sneezes have abated...../....just a normal day online..an episode of NCIS and another of "Bones"..and some wandering around on Youtube and the FB group "The Farthest Side"..../...A few more things to attend to and then to sleep..ergo.."nite all"....[17:54 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment