Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

 *[17:28 UTC-5]*{+22*F_overnight lo:+19*F_cloudy_winds from the southwest@2 mph_humidity:86%-barometer :29.82"/\_tomorrow's hi/lo:+38*F/+30*F_rain/snow_winds from the w/s/w@11 mph_humidity:90%_snow predicted to begin around midnight and continue thru noon than switching to rain mixed with snow until 17:00 Wednesday evening]*[This Evening on MadTrollie;[a Hornblower episode;[Duty];]:
   I had been considering taking a walk to the west of my lodgings tomorrow..stops at Price Chopper..Ollie's & Dollar Genera..well at least that is before I checked the weather for tomorrow as I always do as a prelude to writing my daily post to this blog..and the weather report effectively put the kibosh on any thoughts I had about the walk..[yup..kibosh..an odd word..that I heard in my youth..basically means emphatically putting a stop  to something..if you're interested you can find the etymology of the word {here}]..../....Not a bad night's sleep last night..had watched an episode of "Law & Order" on BBC-America ending at 20:00 and was trying not to doze-off while watching..fell right to sleep awoke my /usual couple of times during the night..the last time at 03:30..was going to "roll back over" but decided to just get up and get started on the day..just before 09:00 although the windchill was in the mid to lower teens at the time decided to walk to Aldi for the few things I needed and in retrospect after seeing the weather forecast for tomorrow I'm glad that I did..actually with my Carhart coat..woolen hat and lined sweatpants..it was a comfortable walk..basically just the usual fare but spent more then normal..but then remember I hadn't been out of the hotel I live in since mid-day Friday..so averaged out it was if anything less than /usual..had barely got back to my rooms and got stuff put away and back online when housekeeping arrived..on of the ladies had the misfortune of cutting her finger very slightly..and then MadTrollie to the recuse..a couple of years ago..I decided to buy a "home sized" first-aid kit..and a small band-aid did the trick..because of my shakes due to of my essential tremors I do from time to time slip and nick myself with a knife while preparing my meals..but then I've always been a bit of a klutz..../....Still one or two things to tie up before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[18:07 UTC-5]..../.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment