Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, December 5, 2020

 *[16:41 UTC-5]+[+30*F/+21*F(w/windchill)_cloudy_winds:north@11 mph_humidity:89%_barometer:29.91"/\_ overnight lo:+23*F_Sunday's hi/lo:+30*F/+21*F_cloudy_winds northwest@9 mph..humidity:69%]*
*[This evening playing on MadTrollie:[Telemann];]*
   Had a weird experience today not the first time it's happened..just after 13:00 had all my online game play done for the day..now there were a few things that I needed from Aldi..rolls..fruit flavored sparkling water..and tea bags..I have four different types that I enjoy..three of which were down to their last couple of bags..but could have waited until tomorrow or even Monday..but  truth be told I wanted to get out of my rooms and get some exercise..so off to all..my Carhart..lined sweatpants..cane and my ancient sling bag..long hair..full beard..and of course my mask..got my items and only the skill of someone who worked/supervised a shipping department for 25 years and gets high marks in the cognitive skill.spatial relationships..allowed me to get it all in my bag..which was quite full but not that heavy but as/always I sling it and let it "ride" in the small of my back..so I get back to the hotel..and this young woman who I've never seen before..stops me as I was walking down the hall to my rooms..and hands me a $50 gift card for Aldi..with "Jesus Loves You" on the sleeve..and is gone before I can react..??..not the first time I've been either given something or asked if I'm homeless..now I have no idea what apriori-snap judgement or faulty application of profiling parameters people especially in their mid-20s to mid-30s use to come to the erroneous conclusion that I'm either..homeless..indigent..or in need of the assistance..I am by nature both unconventional and a non-conformist..who has never had any sense of or need to adhere to the last fad or fashion..well except for in college when I did some "two legged dear hunting"..I dress comfortably and really don't give a fart in a windstorm how I appear..anyways..I have no intention of using the card..except that circumstances may place me in the path of someone who could both need and use it..../....still a thing or three to do before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[17:23 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment