Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

 *[15:56 UTC-5]*[+36*F/+31*F(w/windchill)/+37*F(overnight lo)_winds from the s/s/e@7 mph_humidity:60%_ barometer:30.16"\/_Thursday hi/lo:+49*F/+36*F_winds from the s/s/e@22 mph_humidity 82%_rain to begin 
about 09:00 and continue thru noon Christmas day..then changing to snow thru Sunday AM]*
*[Tonight on MadTrollie;[Bach:"The Christmas Oratorio];]*
   I had already planned not to walk either Thursday or Christmas Day..so the advanced forecast only confirmed that decision as valid..although the weather was reasonable today neither had the need nor even more importantly the desire ti venture out of my "fortress of solitude" and have spent the day as I usually do..except very little TV was on the agendum..I though the delude of Halloween movies in October was bad but to solid months of "Christmas" movies..oy vey..I can't wait until after the first of the year when the network/channels go back to a more normal schedule..now by-enlarge I can'f stand most of their "normal programming" but occasionally I do find something worth my time..if it wasn't for Youtube I'd probably go stark raving mad..of course there are those who think I already have...../....Was watching TV last night and there was an ad for a "Big & Tall Man's" shop..that reminded me of an event in my 4th year in college..biblical studies majors were required to wear shirt & tie to class..now..I am extra long waisted..ergo..extra long sleeves & tails..I had a 35" chest & from  wresting a 19" neck..needless to say I was having a difficult time finding any that fit me properly..so  was in a mall outside Scranton Pa..and saw a "Big & Tall Man's" shop..and went in..it should be noted that I was just under 5'8" tall and weight about 145 lbs..except for me and the clerk..who was at least 6'6" and weighed 275 lbs or more..the store was empty..he chuckled and said.."What are you doing here..shopping for your big brother?"..so I explained my problem..he got his tape measure out..measured me..and then very sheepishly said "their over there"..so I got my shirts and had an enjoyable chat with the man..who had played Div. II American Football in college...../...Still a couple of tasks that require my attention before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[16:31 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment