Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, December 26, 2020

 *[16:45 UTC-5]*[28*F/17*F(w/windchill)/+20*F(overnight low)_snow_winds from the w/s/w@14_humidity:90% _barometer:29.77"/\_Sunday's hi/lo:+33*F/+24*F_cloudy_winds south@8_humidity:76%..snow to continue thru 20:00  this evening..snow is also predicted for Sunday between the hours of 10:00 & 11:00..we are still under a "Lake Effect Snow Warning" until 10:00 AM Sunday morning]*[The Evening of MadTrollie;[Jazz/Big Bands];]*
   Now I've never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the marquee but there are times I even surprise myself..I had been in my rooms save for a few trips to the lobby in the hotel I live in since mid-day Tuesday..and I was starting to fell the onset of "cabin fever"..so I looked outside..the snow had abated and the visibility was acceptable and I convinced myself that we really hadn't got that much snow..maybe 3 or 4 inches..and besides I needed bananas..or was it that I was bananas..not sure..so off I go to Aldi..none of the sidewalks were cleared..[by local law you have 24 hrs to clear your sidewalks after the snow has fallen..which it hadn't..sop off into the shoulder of the street I went..which was pretty nasty going..well anyways got there and back with out any real problems or damage to my person..got back to my rooms and my key-card wouldn't work..so back up to the lobby and a new set of key-cards..the usual fare at Aldi save for the fact that I bought a pound of bacon..used to have some in the frig all the time but haven't for several months..and decided I was in need of some..got back from my foolish adventure and added some to a rustic egg-white frittata and enjoyed it greatly..../....Have spent the bulk of the day online as there has been nothing on the old boob tube that was worth my time..I did check the schedules for next week and I appears that some of the channels/networks are returning to a more "normal" schedule..and from my POV not a moment too soon..../....Have enough food stuffs on had for the next several days so have no plans or needs to walk before peeps get this mess of snow cleaned up..but there again..like I've said many times my mom never called me "sunny"..../....a couple of things I still need to attend to before I take my rest..ergo....[17:16 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment