Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

[18:47 UTC-4]
[+67*F....light rain....winds: southeast@5 mph....humidity: 88%....barometer: 30.11" \/ ]
[Now Playing: "Hec Ramsey" pilot [link]]
   The light rain started a couple of hours before it had been originally predicted....which "canceled" the walk I had intended to take....should cease in an hour or so....by then it will be too late to walk....another storm is due late evening extending through mid-day tomorrow....
   I always go to Big Lots on Tuesday....usually I'm not looking for anything specific....but usually end up with things I  didn't know I needed until I  saw them on the shelf....besides if or rather when I find something....there's a 10% senior discount there on Tuesday
   One of my favorite fruits is opuntia....commonly called prickly pear [link]....but you rarely see it in these parts....there's a fruit stand between Adams Center and Adams that would have them once in awhile but I don't drive anymore....and it's way out of my walking range....so I'm wandering the aisles at Big Lots and there are bottles of Prickly Pear" soda....one of which now sits within arms length....nice....also ended up with a couple of Heath bars....and a dark chocolate/sea salt/caramel candy bar....
   Housekeeping was in for their weekly cleaning of my rooms and changing the linens....and have spent the rest of the day as I always do....a little TV....and a whole lot of internet....it's about time for me to head for the lobby and get my evening cup of toffee coffee....and spend some time of "The Farthest Side" before wrapping up my days postings on "Trollie's Game Room".....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment