Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

[20:02 UTC-4]
[+69*F....cloudy....winds: e/s/e@2 mph....humidity: 71%....barometer: 29.92" \/ ]
[ rain and T-storms forecast to start after midnight  and continue through noon tomorrow]
[Now Playing" "Gaudy Night" [link]]
   Today was Tuesday and my walk to Big Lots....to take advantage of the discount seniors get on that day....but speaking of senior discounts....several years ago....when I was in my 50's I took my dad to diner at on of his favorite restaurants...."The Ponderosa"....now dad was a big teaser and I took ever opportunity to give it back to him.....so we sitting there with our meal and I said to him "Dad do you know when you really are old"....he replied how's that...and I said "When your son takes you out to diner....and you both qualify for the senior discount".....got a good laugh out of him....I almost never go to Big Lots looking for anything specific....but almost always end up with a couple things I didn't know I needed until I saw them....today however was the rare time when I found nothing at all....on the other hand I had to pass right by Aldi....and with the rain predicted for tomorrow morning decided that I'd get the few things I needed today....
   I barely got back and there was a knock on my door and housekeeping was there for their  weekly cleaning of my rooms and fresh linen....I must admit that I enjoy watching someone else do the cleaning....a job I've never had the taste for....I did have some janitorial duties when I work part time at a public library while in college....cleaning the lavatories both the male and female ones put me off on that type of work forever....and the benefit here is that that service is included in my monthly rent....as is a land line, TV, & WiFi....and access to the morning breakfast buffet as well....and another benefit is because I don't drive anymore.....I'd be unsafe because of my poor vision and my essential tremors....is the location....everything I need is within a 10 minute radius walk....okay 15 or 20 winter in the winter if walking is even possible....hence the winter pantry....time to put this blog....my other blogs....and myself....night all....

No comments:

Post a Comment