Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, September 29, 2019

[20:43 UTC-4]
[+50*F....clear....winds: n/n/e@6 mph....humidity: 72%....barometer: 30.39" /\ ]....
[forecast is for nice weather tomorrow....and then intermittent rain Tuesday through Friday]....
[Now Playing: "Hec Ramsey" [pilot][link]]....
   Has been a quite pleasant day today....temperature in the mid-50's F, and during the day a nice breeze....that is if you are a lover of Fall weather like I am....got an earlier start to the day than /usual....not the best day of online Poker I've hand....butt not the worst day either....about 09:45 decided to take a walk over to Aldi to pickup enough food to  hold me to Saturday if the weather is as predicted....while picking up what I needed in the Aldi "fines" section found a cheese I've never had before...Romanian cave cheese....used some with my /usual egg white dish for second meal....quite nice....but the thing is that with "fines" when it's gone....it's gone....and may never be there again....if they still have some next time I there will pickup another wedge or two and store it....it was time for another visit to the ATM to pickup my "walking around money"....
   Mid-afternoon....decided to take a walk....did stop at the convenience store.....so went out the back door  and used one of my short cuts....which once the snow flies will be impassable....but as I stepped outside there sitting on the back lawn was a small white tailed deer....really not that rare a sight in these parts....must have been a yearling....but I was concerned that he might be injured so approach very slowly....he got up and opened the distance between us but didn't run away....on the way back he was still there but this time he jumped in to a hedgerow....didn't get a really good look but I pretty sure it was a button buck....definitely a yearling....although I live on the western age of a small city....it's quite common to see all kinds of wildlife....a couple of years ago at dusk one night I saw in the same general area a red fox, and of course canada geese, squirrels, raccoons, and the occasion skunk....not to mention feral cats and dogs....and a vast assortment of birds....and of course the flying rats.....seagulls, crows, and pigeons....and the occasion hawk and turkey vulture....and come to think of it wild turkeys....in fact if you go west a few miles out of town to the "Perch River Preserve" there are bald eagles there as well....and more waterfowl than you could shake a stick at [link]....
   Still have things to take care of before I call it a day....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment