Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

[19:50 UTC-4]
[+63*F....cloudy....winds: northwest@8 mph....humidity: 67%....humidity: 29.96" /\]
[forecast thru Monday is for fair weather, daytime highs in the upper 60's*F and lower 70's*F]
[Now Playing: Chant of the Mystics....Divine Gregorian Chant [link]]
   I have sung through the years a lot of liturgical music....including chant, recitatives....and of course many cantatas and oratorios....but have been called on at different times to sing in the chant style....I have or rather had a high tenor voice....age and essential tremors have had a negative effect....but I can still hear it....if not perform it anymore....and enjoy that style of music....although my style was described by one director as part Gregorian monk, part Catholic priest and part Jewish cantor....and I don't think I've every sang one the same way twice....
   The weather  is starting to anticipate Autumn....I live off the eastern tip of Lake Ontario and Autumn comes early here with unfortunately Winter not far behind....I've seen significant snow falls as early as mid-October....and as late as early May....in fact the old adage up here is we only have 3 seasons....Winter....Just was Winter...&....Soon will be Winter....or 2 seasons.....Winter & Construction....which applies specifically to road work....
   The rain had stop or that was my impression about 09:30....got dressed....got to the backdoor and it started to rain again....re-booted....by 10:30 it was now overcast....so off I went....Price Chopper for peppers and plums....then the convenience store for chew....Ollie's for fruit and grain bars for my first meal of the day and a bottle of ketchup....never use it "straight" but it's the base for a dipping sauce I make....and finally Dollar General for a bottle of generic veggie juice another element of my first meal of the day....and of course a small cup of ice cream.....
   Have spent the rest of the day as I always prefer to do....online....still need to button up "Trollie's Game Room"....and check  the group I'm a mod on....and than the nightly routine and off to bed....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment