Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

[19:41 UTC-4]
[+70*F....fair....winds: south@9 mph....humidity: 67%....barometer: 29.73 \/]
[rain predicted to begin tomorrow around 08:00 and continue through 17:00....clear on Friday]
[Now Playing: "Music for Reading" [link]]
   Although it didn't rain here today....it's predicted for most of the daylight hours tomorrow....I awoke quite stiff and sore....because it was damp and the barometer was falling and my knees and feet tend to re-act to those conditions in a very uncomfortable day....and when I did my morning/afternoon dishes I realized I was almost out of dish-washing detergent....but as I usually buy it at Ollie's....and didn't think I had enough to Friday....decided I'd better walk today....just a short trek out the backdoor and down the hill....on my way past the oak tree I disturbed a grey squirrel that was busy harvesting the acorns that have fallen from the tree....which I hardly support his actions....the more he stores for the winter the few I have to step on....and my feet are tender enough with out that irritation....but while at Ollie's found some chili lime salt which has now taken it's place with the rest of my spice collection....and yes....I did remember the dish-washing detergent....
   Because of my poor night vision coupled with some balance issues from my essential tremors I never walk at night anymore....and the daylight hours are getting progressively shorter at this latitude....[43.9748* North]....by the winter solstice we will have just over 8 hours of daylight....so I must plan my walking based not only on weather conditions but on available light....but because of the possible severity of our winters and that there may be days I just can't get out whether it be for reason of the weather or that my knees and feet just won't allow it....and add to that the simple fact that I'm not as spry as I once was....I always stock up on canned and packages food item every fall....my winter pantry....some years I barely use it....and there have been a few years that I've been done to the "bare bones" of it....
   Well the day is coming to an end....still things to do before I sleep....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment