Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

[21:42 UTC-4]
[+54*F....mostly cloudy....winds: calm.....humidity: 93%....barometer: 29.87" /\ ]
[Now Playing: Corelli "12 Concerti Grossi" op 6 [link]]
   Was a cool, damp day, and with the lower temperatures and high humidity when I walked around 10:00 this morning although it wasn't raining there from time to time a very fine mist in the air....you feel the moisture if not always saw it....my /usual morning walk to Big Lots....never really go for anything specific but usually find something I want....this morning a couple of bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water....Cherry Lemonade....and then off to Aldi for just a few food items....among other things got some nice Italian salami and of course some bananas....in my youth I played mid-field in what we in the USA call soccer....but to the rest of the world it's Football....also ran several 20'K road races....2 marathons including Boston....and some cross-country....and am prone to leg cramps....aka: charley horses....and the potassium in bananas helps to alleviate not only the severity but the frequency of attacks of them....so I have a banana every morning as part of my first meal....speaking of cross-country the last season I ran was in the Fall of 1969....50 years ago....couldn't do that today....I'd trip over my cane.....
   And then an afternoon walk to Price Chopper....a couple of graffiti eggplant....some sweet potatoes...a chili...and some golden beats....all will find their way into an egg white rustic frittata that is the main course if you will of my daily second meal....accompanied by the above mentioned sparkling water of one flavor or another....and a small piece of dark chocolate....today the frittata was vegetarian....but some days I'll add some bacon, sausage or good german speck [link]]....
   It's getting late and I'm trying with limited success to not fall to sleep while finishing this posting....so will sign off....nite all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment