Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, September 23, 2019

[19:42 UTC-4]
[+67*F....cloudy....winds: southwest@9 mph....humidity: 94%....barometer: 29.68" /\ [the rain has stopped....finally....predicted to begin again around 03:00 tomorrow and continue thru 13:00]]....
[Now Playing: "Chant $ Polyphony from Medieval England" [link]]
    It's been a wet, damp dreary day here....haven't left my rooms save for 2 trips to the lobby....one for the breakfast buffet and the second just awhile ago for my evening toffee coffee....rained most of the day....and was threatening to rain even when it wasn't....didn't stop until after sundown....just before 19:00....I'd hoped to get to Aldi today....but I don't like walking after dark....my night vision is shaky at best....and if I get "hit" by a bright light...virtually nil....plus with my balance issues walking in low light and wet....possibly slippery conditions....don't sound to me to be very much fun....and something to be avoided....ergo....once the rain stops tomorrow....will probably take my usual Tuesday walk to Big Lots....and stop by Aldi on the return to my rooms....besides with the damp conditions and low barometric pressure mt joints have been both very stiff and a higher than usual level of background pain....not a day for a walk....
   Have spent the day online....nothing worth watching on the old boob tube....which is a common occurrence....truth be told if I had to pay for the TV service I'd probably not have it....but a land line, TV, WiFi are included in my monthly rent....as are the breakfast buffet....and a weekly visit from housekeeping....not for everyone I admit....but it works well for me....I don't have a cellphone....I have no need for one....
   Today is the first day of Autumn....always my favorite time of year....I love the colors of the leaves....and the cooler weather....only drawback is that Winter in the Northcountry of New York State comes far to soon on the heels of Autumn.....years ago I was playing golf on October 31st....and by the time we got to the back nine there was 2 to 3 inches of snow on the ground....but since we knew that it would probably be the last round of the year we continued on....nite all.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment