Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, December 21, 2019

[17:11 UTC-5]
[+25*F..+21*F w/wind-chill..fair..winds: south@3 mph..humidity: 66%..barometer: 30.40" \/]
[Sunday: high/low: +38*F/32*F..Monday: high/low: +44*F/+27*F]..
   If the extended forecast holds true it looks as if we are heading for a "Green Christmas"..which doesn't make one iota of a difference to me..except of course that my shortcuts will be open for a few more days..other than that if really doesn't  matter to me..quite frankly I dislike what has been done to what should be a religious observance ..not the commercial holiday that i has evolved into..although I do get a "kick" out of one thing that happens this time of year..I'm a 72 year old man with a full white beard..and while shopping I oft over hear little kids asking if that's Santa..if asked I will admit that I'm a retired elf..which is true from one point of view..I was the elf who put the gifts under the tree for my daughter when she was young and believed..now understand I would never be the one who would interfere with a child's belief in Santa..that's not my place..so the grumpy, gimpy , old retired elf will continue to be so..most of the year I occasionally here a child under 12 ask their parent[s] if I'm a pirate..have learned how to say Arg....and it seems that kids under 2 years can resist the temptation or desire to give my beard a yank..
   The is no "Now Playing" listed tonight because since 10:49 this morning  I've been binge watching Star Wars episodes I, II & III..as I right this it's the ending scenes of episode II with III to follow..on the TNT network..
   With that plan in mind..I got almost  all of my online gaming in this morning..and took my along waited walk to Aldi this morning..have dealt with timed drops  on the poker site I play on..and have stopped in from time to time on "The Farthest Side" to attend to my modding duties..but beyond that have just "taken the day off" and enjoyed the flicks..more Star Wars to watch so I'll bid you goodnight..

No comments:

Post a Comment