Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 30, 2019

[19:04 UTC-5]
[+39*F/+30*F w/wind chill..cloudy..winds: s/s/e@12 mph..humidity: 78%..barometer: 29.70"/\]..
[overnight Lo:+33*F][Tuesday's Hi/Lo: +37*F/+29*F/rain/snow][Wednesday's Hi/Lo:+34*F/+27*F]
[Now Playing: a Hornblower episode "The Frogs and the Lobster"[watch/listen]..
   Tomorrow's weather is predicted to be a damp cold day with mixed precipitation..not a very good day for walking as was today..there could be some "holes" in the storm but probably won't chance it unless the radar looks clear for  a  few hours..if so..will probably take the opportunity to make my usual walk to Big Lots and probably a stop at Aldi on the way back to my rooms..although snow is predicted for Wednesday we're talking maybe an inch of snow..will walk in that..but not sure is Aldi will be open on New Year's Day..but that's easily learned..I'll just look out of the lobby window about 09:00..the store is right across the street..
  Have spent the day in my rooms except for a couple of trips to the lobby..breakfast and my late afternoon toffee coffee..besides that has been a quiet and very enjoyable day..as there was nothing worth my time on TV I spent the day on-line..
   Did have a problem earlier with my "mouse"..after fiddling around with it for a while figures out that some dust and debris had accumulated in the left side clicker..a few taps on the desk..sum particles were dis-lodged..and it works again..essentially I hit it with a hammer..[hehe]..not really  but it did knock the offending dust and debris out..but I've had the computer and it's associated parts for almost 3 years..so things are bound to happen to a piece of technology that was probably obsolete when I bought it..speaking of which I got a message from Google that as of the middle of next year they will  be discontinuing up dates for my Chrome Base..but if it still works I'll continue use it until it's inevitable demise..but after the first of the year will investigate a backup..maybe a laptop..as long as I can by-pass the mouse pad..which gives me fits..with a "mouse"..
   Still things to wrap up before I take my rest..nite all..   

No comments:

Post a Comment