Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 9, 2019

[20:19 UTC-5]
[+46*F..rain..winds: south@16 mph..humidity: 87%..barometer: 29.54" \/]
[it's raining now and predicted to continue through 10:00 tomorrow..]
[Now Playing: an eclectic mix [listen]]..
   One of the pieces in the mix playing tonight is a transcription of Holst's Jupiter from the Planets for woodwind quintet..for my four years in  high school I played in one [I was a French horn player]..one of my all time fav groups to both play in and listen to..all though I have been in large bands/choirs..I've always preferred the small group/ensembles..with only one or two players/singers on a particular part..although because of age and my essential tremors I am no longer able to play/sing..I still enjoy listening..and I still can here the parts in my head..music has always been an important part of my life..a part of what makes me..me..
I wrote the below a few years ago:
Music how oft' to you I have run
you have been many times my safe place my solace
I embrace you I cover myself within your warm embrace
Regardless of what the world....life
may throw my way in your arms
how often have I found refuge
and also the answers I seek
To you have I so oft' run
and you always seem to know what I seek
whether classical, liturgical, or even rock and roll
and if I don't find the answers I seek
I always return relaxed, and with a new perspective
and can return to my world, my life, renewed
  Because of the rain have spent the day in my rooms..still things to do..so good night to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment