Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

[17:49 UTC-5]
[+33*F..+27*F w/wind-chill..snow showers..winds: s/s/w@6 mph..humidity: 90%..barometer: 29.42" /\]..[Now Playing: "Have His Carcase" [watch/listen]..
   I have put the latest Winter Storm Advisory in the footer..we are under a "lake effect  snow"[link]..the snow started just before 16:00 today..through 08:00 tomorrow..total accumulation expect is about 6"..which really isn't that much for a "lake effect storm"..but the wind is in the wrong direction for us to really get clobbered..now if a storm is predicted and the wind is out of the w/s/w then we could be in real trouble..
   We had gotten a little more snow overnight..so I had not planned to walk today anyways..plus there was some good TV on for a change..so I started my day as I usually do by playing about an hour of online poker..a free site..no real money changes hands..just faux game money..and made my first postings of the day to "Trollie's Game Room"..and normally I eat my first meal while playing games..I play 11 different solitaire games online at two sites..but today..ate while watching NCIS re-runs on the USA network..in fact basically took most of the day off..just watched some TV..
   As of 10:00 today I have lived in the facility my lodgings are in for 9 years..3 different rooms same address..but it's perfect for me..it's affordable..and very convenient..I don't drive anymore..my eyesight at night and in "off weather" is not very good..and add to that because of the essential tremors of which I am affected in a high stress situation I can shake quite uncontrollably..no a place I what to be behind the wheel of a car in a emergency situation..and where I live everything I need is within a 10 to 15 minute radius walk..maybe a little longer this time of the year because the snow blocks me from using my "shortcuts"..besides both of the food markets I frequent deliver..and there's always some of the local restaurants deliver as well..and then there is my knowledge from many years of dealing with the weather up here..and my full winter pantry..
   Off to button up my online day..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment