Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

[19:40 UTC-5]
[+23*F..+9*F..partly cloudy..winds: west@17 mph..humidity: 63%..barometer: 30.31"/\]..
[Now Playing: "Gaudy Night"[watch/listen]..]..
   I spent the morning as I always do..play some poker on as live..free sire..only faux game money changes hands..now I hadn't planned to walk today..because of the predicted snow storm..but just before 11:00 it hadn't started to snow yet..and decided that I was in need of some fresh air and decided to head for Aldi..I'd no sooner stepped out the door and it started to snow..very lightly but the winds were around 15 mph +/-..so it was blowing around and the visibility was reduced..but I was out so I soldiered on..got what I needed and headed back to my rooms..[we got maybe an inch or snow total..barely a dusting..no where near the 3 to 6" predicted]..as I entered the lobby I passed by the computer which is there for guests/residents [I never use it..I have a Chrome Base in my rooms..basically the guts of a Chrome Book in desktop form..because of my essential tremors..I find a mouse pad difficult to use..and have developed a two handed approach to handling the mouse that works pretty well..]..and there sat an old friend..he had been a resident for awhile but left in May for Florida..but in the reverse of most from up here to go south for the winter..he's come north for the winter [has family in the area]..and has moved in to rooms just a few doors down from me in the same building..be nice to see a familiar face around here from time to time..
   Spent the rest of the day online or watching NCIS re-runs on the USA network..my plans for tomorrow..which just happens to be my 72nd birthday..are basically my plans for the other 364 days of the year..I have long since ceased to make a big deal about the day..but will have lunch with my bro and his lady tomorrow..but not to celebrate my birthday..just to get together..well that's my story and I'm sticking to it..still things to do be for I take my rest..goodnight to you all..

No comments:

Post a Comment