Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, December 15, 2019

[18:40 UTC-5]
[+25*F..+12*F w/wind-chill..partly cloudy..winds: west@14..humidity: 63%..barometer: 30.03" /\]..
[forecast form the next two day's..no precipitation..daytime highs in the lower 30s F..nighttime lows in the mid-20s F..Am snow on Wednesday]..[Now Playing: Brahms:"A German Requiem"]..
   It had been my firm intent to not walk today..even though it had only snow a trace of snow last night..the winds were predicted to be as high as 20 mph..[32+ kph]..and winds of that speed or higher have effected my balance in the past..because of my essential tremors my balance is iffy..so I usually I avoid walking in those conditions..but when preparing my first meal I realized that after the meal I would be down to my last two bananas..there are an very important part of my diet..as a former distance runner [cross-country..20Ks..and 2 marathons] I am prone to leg cramps..aka"  Charley Horses"..and the potassium in bananas helps lessen the problem..and I have one every morning..checked the weather again and winds were not quite as bad as predicted..so took a quick walk over to Aldi..and got my bananas and a couple other things I needed..
   I have added a cartoon to the bottom of the sidebar..I live in the "lake effect snow belt" off Lake Ontario..and the scene depicted has happened to me in the past more than once..fortunately now I live in a facility where dealing with the removal of snow is no longer my concern..building maintenance takes care of that..besides at my age [just turned 72 yrs. old]..really I'm not physically able to do that kind of job any longer..and truth be told..won't do it even if I was..
   Have other than the morning walk spent the day in my rooms..were it's warm, dry, and no wind..only a few more things to attend to so I will sign off for today..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment