Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 2, 2019

[19:05 UTC-5]
[+23*F..[+13*F..w/wind-chill]..cloudy..winds: n/n/e@9 mph..humidity: 72%..barometer: 29.82" /\]
[Now Playing:"The Play Bach Trio" [listen/watch]..]
   Those of you who are not familiar with The Play Back Trio..it's a piano jazz trio that plays the works of J S Bach in a jazz style..I really enjoy it because it take two of the styles I most love..classical/Baroque music and jazz and blends them together..
   We didn't get near the amount of snow here in the small city I live in as was predicted..maybe 4" total accumulation..now my original intend was to wait until the morrow to do my shopping..and to stop as I usually do at both Aldi and Big Lots..both in the same direction..with the snow would be a longer walk because I couldn't use my short cuts..but once I did my shopping list for Aldi realized that what I need would pretty much fill the sling bag I carry while shopping..now I do keep a cloth bag in  the sling back for over flow..but with the less then perfect walking conditions was concerned that walking bag in one hand..cane in the other and the sling bag in the middle of my bag might present some balance issues to someone who has balance issues to begin with..ergo..went to Aldi this afternoon..and did pretty much fill up my bag..so assuming that the forecast for tomorrow is correct..and my knees and feet co-operate with me..I'll take my /usual walk to Big Lots mid morning tomorrow..I rarely go there looking for a specific item[s] but usually come back with several items I didn't know I needed until I saw them on one of the shelves..well except for cherry-lemonade sparkling water..almost always get a couple of bottles..which Aldi doesn't carry..
   Have joined a new private group [well new to me] on FB..peeps who grew up in Watertown NY..and although I didn't more here until I was 18..I can honestly say I did continue to grow up here [I'm also in a similar group for the Buffalo NY area where I lived before the family moved here..was in college at the time..and after collage just never left]..
   Still as/usual things to wrap up online..and a snack and maybe some Monday Night Football is in my future as well..goodnight to you all.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment