Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 23, 2019

[17:45 UTC-5]
[+42*F..fair..winds: w/s/w@9 mph..humidity: 75%..barometer: 29.95"/\]..[overnight low:+21*F]..
[Tuesday's high/low: +30*F/+22*F]..[Wednesday's high/low: +41*F/+26*F]..[rain on Friday]..
[Now Playing:[a classical mix]..]..
   There hasn't been squat on the "old boob tube" today..but then I'm as sick and tired of the  constant stream of Christmas themed programming as I was with the Halloween/horror/monster flicks the entire month of October..so spent the entire day online..and listen to music off Youtube..now I'm not saying I'm "addicted" to Youtube..but at last count I have 357 subscriptions...channels I follow..and a very eclectic bunch there are..
   Weather for tomorrow although colder then today is forecast to be not bad..no new snow..so the plan is  to walk to Big Lots as is my custom to do on Tuesday..[10% senior discount day[..other the a couple of bottles of cherry lemonade sparkling water..have nothing that I need but will undoubtedly find something I didn't know I needed it until I saw it there..and a stop at Aldi..they are closed on Wednesday..as is Price Chopper..but I can wait on Price Chopper until Thursday..a couple of things at Aldi I'll need before then..
   Did take a short walk to Ollie's and Dollar General..just a few bags of snack food..I do watch what I eat but there are certain snack items I enjoy..but my tactic is that I never take an open bag..and sit down to watch TV or have one on my computer desk..I have some rather small bowels which I fill and take that..and if there's a little left..and I'm satisfied..and put the remainder back in the bag..I have found that my health is better if I eat multiple small meals spread out during the day..rather then the "standard" 3 meal system..
   Hadn't see my friend J since last Monday..he lost a great niece to cancer..she was only 2 years old and wasn't handling it well..we talk and I try to help..but had seen him until this AM..and he seems to be handling it much better..of which I'm quite thankful..he's also a resident here..been through troubled times and frankly didn't handle it very well..took me along time to let it go.so glad he's feeling better..
   Dang, I'm trying to write a novella..still things to deal with before I take my rest..and I sense a sandwich is in my immediate future..so will bid you a goodnight..and hope you have a wonder holiday [which ever one[s] you observe]..

No comments:

Post a Comment