Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, December 19, 2019

[19:59 UTC-5]
[+2*F..party cloudy..calm..humidity: 76%..barometer: 30.46"/\..overnight low: -2*F..tomorrow high: +29*F overnight +1*F..a sunny day..Saturday: highs in the upper  20s F..lows lower 20s F]
[Now Playing: [an eclectic mix]..]..
   When I check the weather this morning just after 05:00 the temperature outside was -7*F..and the temperature in my rooms was a quite pleasant +72*F..I'll give you three guesses where I spent my day..and the first two don't count..although I haven't worked in many years..my internal clock is apparently permanently stuck on "work-time" and most mornings I wake by between 04:30 and 05:30..35 hours in a factory..the majority on the day-shift..usually around 06:00 +/- but there are other factors now that have contributed to the even earlier wake up time..besides I rarely see 22:00 on the bedside clock..
   With the snows of yesterday..you got maybe 5" total accumulation..but it usually takes a day for the sidewalks on this end of town to  become passable..well  that is for a gimpy, grumpy, old codger like me..and unless I fall prey to early onset cabin fever..I have no intention at this point of venturing out until Saturday..now I would walk if I really needed to..except for 9 semesters of college I've spent my whole life in areas that get both heavy snowfalls and cold weather [sub-zero temperatures F]..and have both the clothing and knowledge to deal with the cold..but at my age..[just turned 72]..I no longer chose to do so..unless I absolutely have to..so its my firm intent to spend tomorrow as I have the previous two days..warm and comfortable in my rooms..
   Spent some of the morning watching "The Wrath of Khan" on BBC America..really the only of the Star Trek movies I'd watch again..I was a fan of the original TV series..and had a set of books of short stories based on the series..
   Still things to do before I call it a day..nite all..  

No comments:

Post a Comment