Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

[19:24 UTC-5]
[+13*/.-2*F w/wind-chill/mostly cloudy/winds: w/n/w@ 55%/humidity: 55%/barometer: 220.20"/\]
   We didn't get anywhere near the predicted snowfall..turning colder for the next two days with overnight lows below 0*F..mid 20's on Saturday..and mid 30s on Sunday and Monday..didn't walk today..and with the colder weather have no plans to walk until Saturday..have nothing that I need..stocked up Monday and Tuesday..so really have no need to walk..and less desire to brave the cold..It's not that i don't have the proper clothes and/or the knowledge on how to dress for the cold..but if I don't have a pressing need to venture out in the cold..I don't..besides if I do feel the need to "stretch my legs" there are long hallways in the facility I live in..there are peeps that "mall-walk"..I "hall walk"..there are also a treadmill and an exercise bike available..but with my balance issues the treadmill probably is not a wise idea..and I've tried the exercise bike..but it seems that the bike seat and my tuckus are definitely not compatible..so it's walking the halls for me..
   Have spent the day as is my custom..the usual hour or so first thing in the morning playing poker on a "free site" on line..and the rest of the day playing solitaire and attending to my mod duties on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..very busy day there..have had more new member requests than we've had in quite awhile..we have a very strictly enforced "no politics" rule on the site..the site is for enjoyment of the Larson cartoons and similar panels..what we like to call Larsonesque..so we "vet" new member requests very carefully..and when there are so many it can be time consuming..and some of the day watching NCIS re-runs on the USA network..still a few things to attend to so I'll wish all a good night..
   

No comments:

Post a Comment