Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 16, 2019

[19:10 UTC-4]
[+24*F..+19*F w/wind-chill..winds: southeast@4..humidity: 73%..barometer 30.20" \/]
[snow forecast to begin Tuesday@08:00 continuing thru 20:00..1 to 3" expected..high temp 30*F]
   Not a bad day weather wise..temperature in the lower 30s..and from time to time the sun peaked through the clouds..decided to take a walk mid-morning..Ollie's and Dollar General..wanted to pickup a few things at Dollar General but went to Ollie's just to see if they had got anything new in that would pique my interest..and although it rarely happens..I bought nothing..got a couple packages of cookies, a microwavable cheeseburger and a bottle of Powerade zero sugar..and didn't even look at the small cup of ice cream..that's just a warm weather thing with me..
   Now if the snow isn't to bad tomorrow will take my /usual Tuesday walk to Big Lots [10% senior discount day]..and probably on the way back a quick stop at Aldi..and maybe the bank as well..but while preparing my mid-day meal realized I needed..a couple of different peppers..and I had recently opened the last bottle of mayo and pepperoncini..things I usual get at Price Chopper..so took a walk around 15:00 there got what I wanted..a quick stop At T J Maxx..and in another rare event..bought nothing..
   With the winter solstice fast approaching the daylight hours are getting short..tomorrow sunrise at 07:32 and sunset at 16:26..and because of my balance issues I won't walk during the nighttime hours..especially now with the snow/ice making the footing dicey..just not worth the risk..
   Still things that need doing before I take my rest..and there very possibly a cheeseburger in my future..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment