Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, December 26, 2019

[19:54 UTC-5]
[+38*F/+31*F w/wind-chill/cloudy/winds:southeast@11 mph/humidity:63%/barometer:30.19"/\]..
[rain predicted from midnight tonight thru 05:00 Friday]..[Friday's Hi/Lo:+46*F/+31*F]..[Saturday's Hi/Lo:+36*F/+26*F]..[I'm well aware that the "in" thing is to refer to what I call "wind-chill" as "feels like"..I'm a gimpy..grumpy..old codger and I'm having none of it who's set in my ways]..
[Now Playing: Beethoven's 9th [2012 performance from the Proms][listen/watch]]
   Have had a very quiet day..slept very well last night which doesn't happen as often as I like..but last night with only two interruptions..when I was younger I was a very sound sleeper..and once I fell asleep would sleep right through till the alarm or my lady at the time or one of my cats that needed to be feed would wake me up..but with age and old sore and damage muscles and bones..and the fact that one of my meds has diuretic properties..I rarely sleep more than two hours at a time..fortunately I usual can fall right back to sleep..I was dead tired last night..went to bed just after 20:30 and the next time I saw the alarm clock [which I use only to tell time..I'm retired..I never set the dang thing]..it was almost 01:00..but then again just after 03:00..
   Walked twice..this morning just to Ollie's, The Thrift Store, and Dollar General..but because of the snow banks blocking my "short-cuts" had to go the long way..a couple of bags of chips at Ollie's..got a shirt at The Thrift Store..I think..not quite sure if it's a V-neck heavy long sleeve shirt or a light V-neck sweat shirt..but in either case it's quite comfortable..I was looking for a top I could wear one cool summer evenings..or as a layer in the winter..and whatever you call it..it fit the bill..and a jug of pink grapefruit cocktail..decided I needed to add a little more fruit to my diet...and usually in the nice weather I walk a loop in the late afternoon/early evening..and come back by way of the lobby for my nightly toffee coffee..in the bad whether I just walk the halls..but it was in the mid-30s and the parking lot was bare..so decided to take my walk around the grounds here and then stop and get my coffee...or as I like to say my version of "Stompin' the Yard"..been a enjoyable day..a couple more things to do before I rest..and my nightly shower id calling..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment