Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

  *[17:12 UTC-5]*[+32*F_partly cloudy_winds our of the e/s/e@1 mph_humidity:58%_barometer:30.17/\_overnight lo:29*F_Wednesday's hi/lo:+60*F/+48*F_weather thru Sunday daytime highs in the upper 50s & lower 60s with overnight lows in the upper 40s..weather like this..warm..dry..sunny when I was a kid my elders used to refer to it as "Indian Summer "]*[This afternoon on MadTrollie*[Jazz/Big Band]*..been sometime since I've listened to any jazz but was in the mood for some this afternoon]*[after I posted here the live poker game I/ve played for the last few years finally re-appeared after being down for the better part of a week so things have returned at least on my online gaming to what masquerades as normal]*

   Was in the mid-30s just before 09:00 when I made my planned walk to Aldi for the usually fare..it was a bright sunny day with winds in the 10 mph range and a windchill of +22*F..but was dressed for it and the walk was quite pleasant..with the usual items I got about a 7" piece of soppressata soppressata a dry italian salami of which I am quite fond..have already included it with some potato..green onions..shallots..fresh garlic..Romanian cave cheese..spices..and liquid egg-whites in the rustic frittata I had for second meal..../....speaking of the weather the storm of last night fell quite short of what was predicted..before the following rain washed it away we did briefly had a sprinkling and trace of snow on the ground..I've seen more sugar on a powdered doughnut..and the 7 to 12 inches predicted for the Tug Hill Plateau I am told amounted to maybe a couple of inches..don't get me wrong I'm not disappointed atall..Since reaching adulthood [there are those who would argue that fact] I have never been fond of snow..but then for many years I was the supervisor in charge of a shipping/receiving department here in the Northcountry and had to deal with the havoc that a couple of feet of snow and the accompanying cold weather could wreak on a parking lot and loading docks..the only reasons I put up with it were 1] I had Carhart cold weather gear..2] I was getting paid quite well..still have the Carharts..but ain't getting paid for it any more being retired so I'll let someone else deal with it..../....just a few things left to deal with so will take my leave of you..ergo.."nite all"

No comments:

Post a Comment