Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, November 16, 2020

 *[]*[+41*F_cloudy_winds out of the west@18 mph_humidity:64%_barometer:29.84"/\_overnight lo:+32*F_Tuesday hi/lo:+38*F/+20*F_mostly cloudy_winds out of the northeast@11 mph_snow showers are predicted between 03:00 & 06:00 tomorrow morning]*[This evening on MadTrollie:[Telemann];]*

   When I logged on this morning to take some bonus drops on the poker slots game I've been playing I was greeted by a notice informing me that the game would cease operation as/of 12:00 on November 23..with the poker game how gone and the blackjack not loading all of the "live" games I've been playing are gone or soon to be so..It is my intent to keep playing the poker slots until Sunday..and then decided where to go from there "live game" wise.../....I've been invited to an anticipated Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday at my bro's and his Mrs...apparently their son and his lady are coming up for the actual "Thanksgiving Day"[November 26th} but as they live in New York City..and with the CV-19 ruckus..they don't feel right of exposing this gimpy..grumpy..old codger to that deal..which is both understandable and okay with me..../....Speaking of Thanksgiving and the following day "Black Friday"..the traditional start to the Christmas Shopping season..usually the hotel is quite busy that weekend with shoppers coming down from Canada..the latest information is the border with Canada will remain closed [because of CV-19] until at least November 21st..so who can tell what may occur....'....Against my better judgement I decided to take a walk this afternoon after the rains had past but before the winds had subsided..but got to the convenience store and Dollar General without incident..did get anything except the usual fare..but when I went to exit Dollar General a gust of wind "caught" the door and opened very abruptly..but was able to keep my balance..no harm..no foul..but..??..../....the weather for the next couple of days will be colder and than warming up a little on Thursday..if mid-40s F daytime highs can be called warmer..but tis time of the year here in the Northcountry it at least feels warmer..../....still just a couple of things to hail down before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....

No comments:

Post a Comment