Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, November 14, 2020

 *[16:33 UTC-5]*[+42*F_sunny_winds out of the west@7_humidity:45%_barometer:30.29"/\_overnight lo:+29*F_Sunday's Hi/Lo:+53*F/+39*F_rain is predicted to begin about 10:00 and continue thru 13:00 Monday]*[Playing this afternoon on MadTrollie:[a Hornblower episode;[Duty];]*

   After checking the weather forecast this morning I decided that the walk to Aldi should probably take place today rather than wait until Monday afternoon to I left for Aldi just after 10:30..at least in some respects things are at least starting to somewhat resemble the old normal..as I pasted by on my way to the crosswalk to cross Arsenal I noticed the Denny's was open..the first time since the unset of the CV-19 restrictions..now I didn't enter or get close enough to make more than a casual observation..so don't now if it was pickup only..or if you could eat there..before I made my lifestyle/dietary changes just over three years ago I did eat there occasionally..but I thing I like about "diners"..even though "Denny's" would be upscale of some of the "greasy spoons" I have frequented in the past the one thing that remains constant is that regardless of the time of day you can always order a "breakfast" style meal..so having past by made my way to Aldi and as happens more often than not my carefully authored shopping list was still laying on my computer desk..having gotten everything I thought I had written down on the list I had prepared I got inline and as I was about to put my purchases on the belt..dang..I forgot the mini-naan bread..dummkopf..so got out of line and went back to get them..most of my purchases were of the normal for me variety save for another link of dry italian salami found in the "Aldi's find section"..you never know when and if they might have it again..besides in my considered opinion you can never have to much good salami regardless of it's country origins..or any good sausage for that matter..and earlier this afternoon a quick walk to Dollar General just to pickup a few of my usual purchases nothing out of the ordinary and back to my rooms with no reason for an outdoor trip until Monday afternoon..../....just one or two things to button up before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....

No comments:

Post a Comment