Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, November 6, 2020

 *[14:02 UTC-5]*[+64*F_partly cloudy_winds out of the southwest@15 mph_overnight low:57*F_humidity:51% _barometer:30.12"\/ _tomorrow's high/low: +63*F/+49*F_partly cloudy_winds out of the southwest@12 mph]*[This afternoon on MadTrollie:[Vivaldi]:]*

   I'm posting today much earlier than is/usual for me..in about an hour from when I am writing these words the AMC network is starting to broadcast the second and third movies in the "Lord of the Ring: series..and then about an hour after that BBC America is broadcasting the first three "Bond" movies..need I say more..of course I will but  not necessarily on this subject except to say let the binging begin..../....I was checking one of my groups on FB earlier and its for old-timers like me who grew up in the in or around Buffalo New York..and basically asked if you spent your Saturdays at the movie theater..which I had not..my family attended a very conservative church..old school..and among other things going to the movies were verboten..so when I went to college I had never been in a movie theater..and the college..a very conservative baptist college had the same rules..but the papers were advertising the playing of the new movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"..a flick myself and one of my teammates on the soccer team dearly wanted to see..now attending a movie in a movie theater was grounds for dismissal from the college..now I'll call him LR lived in the area and had a car..so we decided to go see it but picked a showing about 20 miles from the college so off the we went and another friend BD came as well..we enjoyed the flick and didn't get caught..but we weren't particularly worried about it..LR's dad was the senior pastor at a very large baptist church..and one which the college used the facilities of..and was on the college board of trustees..so we figured we were pretty safe..../....same guy and I used to deliberately let our hair grow past the length prescribed in the rule book..the college had a very strict dress code..and the athletic director would give us 10$ each to get our hair cut..now we did get it cut..but not by a barber..LR's girlfriend at the time cut hair..we'd order pizza with the money and invite her and she'd bring a friend and we'd get our hair cut and enjoy the pizza..../....there are more stories of LR & my escapades but maybe another time..still a couple things to wrap up and movie to watch..ergo.."nite all"..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment