Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

 *[16:27 UTC-5]*[+46*F_overnight lo:42_cloudy_winds out south@10 mph_humidity:59^%_barometer:30:08"\/_rain expected to begin about 20:00 tonight and continue through 03:00 Friday..Thursday's ("Thanksgiving Holiday here in the USA) hi/lo:+55*/42*F..and the forecast is for rain the entire day]*{This evening on MadTrollie:[Bach]:[a couple of his Christmas cantatas..yes I am pushing the season]*
   Its been an interesting day..I haven't ventured out of my "fortress of solitude" save for a brief walk to look out the back door..based on the overnight forecast I expected that we had gotten some snow overnight..had looked out my windows..could see snow on the ground but because of the light (before dawn) or lack of there of could not determining how much..so walk the short distance to the back door..yes we got some snow..a dusting..a very small fraction of an inch..but the first snow of the season that didn't melt on impact with the ground..November is late for the first snowfall of the year..I can remember measurable snow on the day before the now forgotten "Columbus Day" (was October 12th this year) that measured about 15"..and several Halloweens where the Trick or Treaters had to trudge thru significant snow cover..../....Since I have already celebrated an anticipated "Thanksgiving Dinner" with my brother and his lady on Sunday last I have no plans for tomorrow save for what I do on any day..the one break from that might be that I may take is that the TBS network is showing what is a tradition here in the USA on "Thanksgiving Day".."The Wizard of Oz"(1939)..I have no idea why it has become traditional but it has..../....Over the last few days have been playing a new (to me) free live poker game that I access thru FB.."The Pokerist"..(another new entry in to ye old spellcheck dictionary)..and although I'm still getting used to the "mechanics" of the game I think it may be more to my liking..for several reasons it seems more comparable to my preferred style of play.."small ball/slow play/trapping..ergo even if the game I have been playing should return from wherever online games go for their final rest.. I think that "Pokerist" will stay my preferred game..../...well before I write a novella I still have a few loose ends to tie off..ergo..nite all....[16:57 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment