Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, November 15, 2020

 *[]*[+48*F_rain to continue thru 13:00 Monday_winds out of the south/south/east in excess of 25 mph_ humidity:70%_barometer:29:48"~_overnight low:+38*F]*[This afternoon on MadTrollie;[Away All Boats];]*

   I've spent a quiet day in my rooms save for a quick trip up to the lobby earlier this afternoon for my /usual afternoon toffee coffee and really haven't looked out the window to check the weather..I have two sets of drapes on my windows..a typical think one and a translucent one..I rarely pull both open especially this time of year..the small city I live in is just shy of 44* north latitude and my window looks on to the south and this time of year from sunrise to sunset the sun appears in the south part of the sky..and the direct sun into the room at times could prove to be overwhelming and the translucent drapery softens the intensity of the light..but still lights up the room sufficiently..but as we approach the winter solstice the daylight hours get shorter everyday..this morning the sun rose@:[06:59]: & sets@:16:46]:..which is  about 35 minutes away as I write this line..../....Have spent the day as I often do and actually prefer to do..the usual online gaming..tending and posting to my blogs & keeping ah "eye" on the FB group "The Farthest Side..and have also watched some TV..a little of both "Fast Five" & "The "A" Team"_and as the weather is supposed thru Monday afternoon and although the rains will abate around 13:00 the winds in excess of 20 mph will continue for most the rest of the day..ergo..because of the balance issues I have on account of my essential tremors I avoid walking if the winds are approaching  or exceeding 20 mph..I'm way too old to get caught by a gust of wind and end up falling down and busting my tuckus..ergo I'm looking forward actually to spending another quiet day in my "fortress of solitude"..I bought it from Superman for a song because Lois Lane hated the  neighborhood..[wink]..../....a couple of things yet to attend to before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....

No comments:

Post a Comment