Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, November 7, 2020

 *[16:52 UTC-5]*[+64*F_sunny_overnight low:+49*F_winds out of the southwest@10-mph_humidity:52%_barometer:30.19"~]*[This afternoon on MadTrollie:[Away All Boats]:]*

   Sometimes I think I'd probably forget my head if it wasn't attached..[checks to make sure it's atop his neck where it belongs]..../....it was a quite pleasant day for a walk and was well into my day so decided to take a walk to Big Lots & Aldi and off I went right around 09:00..got all the way to Big Lots and in the process of getting ready apparently I got distracted and had forgotten to take my sling bag..ergo..nothing to carry my purchases..since I walk with a cane carrying a bag is very clumsy for me..so I looked in Big Lots for a backpack or similar and found nothing..besides took a look and nothing I really needed anyways..so back to my rooms and got the sling bag and over to Aldi..just the usual fare but I needed fruit flavored sparkling water and of course bananas..besides that just some good german dark chocolate and a couple of squeeze bottles of fruit flavoring for my water bottles..and then back to my rooms..and a walk that should have taken me maybe 40 minutes took the better part of an hour..but with two of my three live games still down it really just was loose time anyways..../....Freshman year in college there was a sophomore who had been apparently a big football hero in high school [gridiron not the real football] and used to give the freshmen a hard time..well..LR..BD..& I and a couple others knew when he left for the day [he lived locally] so hide a couple of cement blocks by the corner on campus where there was a stop sign..he drove a VW beetle..well he stop..a couple of guys picked up the back end of the car and we  put the blocks under the pan chassis so that the drive wheels were off the ground and walked away..have no idea how long it took him to fix the issue..but he left us alone after that..../....was channel surfing earlier and discovered while it wasn't in today's listing AMC was showing "Return of the King" so watched that for awhile..../....with the live games down only have a couple of things to deal with before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment