Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

 *[17:47 UTC-5]*[+31*F_+23*F w/windchill_cloudy_winds out of the north/north/west@8 mph_humidity:76%_ barometer:30.06"/\_overnight low:18 mph_Wednesday's high/low:+31*F/+21*F_partly cloudy_winds out of the north/north/east@18 mph]*[Playing this evening on MadTrollie:[a Hornblower episode;["The Frogs & The Lobsters"];]*

    Was in the upper 20s F when I awoke this morning just after 04:00 but after some consideration decided that today would be the best choice between today and tomorrow for  my walk to Aldi so went off just after 09:00 when the temperature had warmed up to a brisk 32*F..didn't check the windchill I really didn't want to know..but except for nine semesters in college I've lived in the Northcountry since 1966 and one of the things I've learned after all those years..some of those spent working outside and in unheated warehouses when the temperature with or without windchill was in the -40s F..so this morning other than a underwear..a knit shirt..sweat pants..a hoodie..and a lined flannel shirt and a hat I ventured out..the trick is layers clothing..several thinner layers are better than one thick one..now when the temperatures drop into the single digits then out will come the Carharts..lined sweat pants..and probably the long johns..and when it drops below zero..than it's a cup of tea and me watching a little TV from my recliner..unless a dire emergency..if either the actually temperature or w/windchill drops below zero degrees Fahrenheit..I stay in my warm and comfortable rooms..yup..I used to work under sub-zero conditions but then I was younger and getting paid very well..now..no way..besides that fact both Aldi & Price Chopper offer free delivery..and there are a couple of good pizza/wing shops & chinese restaurants that also deliver..and I  don't have to bundle up to use the phone or order online..../....besides the trip to Aldi I've been out of the rooms briefly twice to the lobby..breakfast & afternoon coffee..../....had my weekly visit from housekeeping this morning..and everything is as we would have said back in the day "spick & span"..../....Just a few things to button up before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment