Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

[19:07 UTC-5]
[+32*F/+22*F w/wind-chill/Lo:+30*F/winds:west@13 mph/humidity:72%/barometer:29.25"/\]..
[Thursday's Hi/Lo:+43*F/+37*F/partly cloudy]..[Friday's Hi/Lo:+43*F/rain predicted]..
[Now Playing: "Strauss II"[listen]..]..
   I don't know how much snow got "dumped' up on Tug Hill..but we got a trace of snow..now I had planned to walk today to get some groceries..but hadn't checked the last time I was at Aldi..to see if this being New Year's Day they'd be open..but knew that Price Chopper would be open..they're open 24/7..except they close in the evening on Christmas Eve..and open up again in the morning of Dec.26th..so the plan was to exit my lodgings by the lobby..if Aldi was open go there the store is  right across the street from where i live]..if not take the longer walk to Price Chopper..now before I left I had checked the weather..mid-30s F but with wind-chill the temperature felt like lower 20s F..now normally I just "layer" but the winds were west@14..so decided to wear my Carhart coat..maybe a little "over-kill"..but was glad I did because on my way to Price Chopper [Aldi was closed] was walking directly into that 14 mph wind..with a little light snow throw in for extra measure..oy vey..and even thought I knew I'd spend  a little more decided to get everything I needed rather than depending on walking tomorrow..peppers..rolls..an english cucumber..tomatoes..prepared horse radish..a couple of pre-made burritos and a pint of liquid egg whites..a bottle of italian dressing..and of course bananas..also since I was in that plaza a stop at T J Maxx..a couple of bottles of spices for the pantry..will most probably still go to Aldi tomorrow for a few things I prefer buying there but not a necessary..
   I spent New Year's Eve as I have for many years..I was in bed by 21:00 and sound asleep when the New Year was ushered in..even when I was drinking I never partied on New Year's Eve..used to refer to it as "Amateur's Night"..
   Besides the walk have spent my day as is my custom in my warm rooms..a little TV and a whole lot of internet..a few loose ends still to "tie off" so bid you a good night..

No comments:

Post a Comment