Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, May 31, 2020

[16:49 UTC-4]
[+62*F_mostly cloudy_winds:w/s/w@11 mph_barometer:30.16"\/_Overnight Lo:+42*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[a Sherlock Holmes episode "The Six Napoleons"]....
   I've spent a very quiet day..the weather has continued to be much cooler than it has been over the last few days..in fact when I did my /usual weather check around 06:00 for posting on "Trollie's Game Room"..the outdoor temperature was +38*F..although according to the advanced forecast the daytime high tomorrow will be in the lower 60s F and in the upper 70s and lower 80's for the rest of the week..rain on Tuesday and Wednesday..I had completed my shopping for the next few days yesterday and had hot planned to walk until mid week so didn't walk today but except for a couple of brief trips to the lobby have spent my day in my rooms and online as I do most days..but did spend some time watching parts of the first two "Laura Croft" movies which were show on the Syfy channel..with the movie Hackers the "Laura Croft" flicks are the only three Angelina Jolie movies I actually would watch..[a short break while I attend to one of my "live' games]....
   That was a tad longer than I expected..decided to checking on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..where I'm a mod and there were some membership requests I thought I'd better deal with..we have a private chat room for the admins and mods..and when I checked for the first time this morning there were more than the usual amount of unread..scrolling back to where I left last night the chief admin..["owner of the site]..had used me as an example of how to accomplish our tasks..to which I replied "aw shucks"..and then..if he or one of the other admins weren't there I had the "Con"..to which I replied.."it's a lot like letting the inmates run the asylum [hehe]"..but..hey..if I do a thing..I do that thing as well as I am able..and quite honestly there are days when the modding feels too much like work and I've been retired for quite a few years..but I really like the site and I'm willing to put the "work in" to see that it stays the way it is..but it's taken up more of my rime of late..probably due to the "lockdown" and peeps are home and spending more time online..and joining new groups..and it takes time to "vetting" new member requests....
   The end of the day is upon..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment