Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, May 22, 2020

[18:11 UTC-4]
[+77*F_sunny_Tonight's Lo:+55*F_winds:west@6 mph_humidity:34%_barometer:30.30"\/]....
[Now Playing on Madtrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   While I was mixing a batch of my homemade cocktail sauce last night I realized I was almost out of sambal and remembered that Big Lots carried the brand I prefer and at a very fair price..so decided to take a walk this morning..I haven't been there for quite sometime..used to go every week on Tuesday...because they gave seniors a 10% discount on that day..that ended at the end of January..so I was only going once in awhile..and lately because of the restrictions just haven't walked the extra distance..in fact the clerk that checked me out..mentioned she hadn't seen me in quite awhile..she's a nice young kid and we usually have a nice chat..got my sambal and a bottle of olive bruschetta which I use to flavor my hummus..so had my chat with the clerk and since I had to pass by Aldi's parking lot on the way to the crosswalk decided to run in..check that..walk at a leisurely pace..if I  had tried to run I'd have tripped over my cane..just bananas..fruit flavored sparkling water..and a package of faux crab meat..basically white fish with flavoring..for use with the aforementioned cocktail sauce..and with my sauce it could have been crab favored crap and you'd not know the difference..what with healthy amounts of sambal and fresh grated horseradish..it would make cardboard taste good..well it's my story after and I'll tell it my way..the only flaw in the trip was I forgot to get ketchup as well..another ingredient in the sauce..dummkopf....
   Another beautiful Spring Day here in the Northcountry..but I'm a transplant here..my roots are in Western New York..grew up about 20 miles east of Buffalo and while wandering around Youtube this after noon ran across a site..Forgotten Buffalo..which brought back a lot of fond memories..have just touch the surface of what's there so far but will probably spend many hours perusing the site....
   That is upon me..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment