Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, May 16, 2020

[17:40 UTC-4]
[+56*F_cloudy_winds:10 mph_humidity:77%_barometer:30:16"/\_overnight Lo:+44*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:"The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes:"The Six Napoleons"]....
   While looking out my window this afternoon there in the lawns were a grouping of 12 adult Canadian Geese..no little ones..I've seen this kind of gathering before..the only hypothesis I have it that it must be for whatever reason a grouping  of mate-less individuals..so if that is true..is if what i surmise be true..am I see the goose equivalent of a single's mixer..a couple of years ago I saw a grouping of  about 25 or so adults..no goslings..??..the weird thing was among the 12 geese I observed there also having a meal on the fresh grass a fat woodchuck..the weird thing was the geese  paid the "chuck" ho attention at all..??..
   Although it had been my intention to wait until tomorrow to walk I decided that it was such a nice  day why waste it..so basically on a whim took off to Aldi..some bananas..a couple of bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water..a bottle of salad dressing and hopefully the quart of liquid egg white that they had been out of the other day..but everything was as right as rain..and then continued my walk to the convenience store..and back to my rooms..when I went to put my wallet away and check my ledger I realized that I should have added a stop at the ATM because today was the day I normally would have gotten my "ten day walking around money"..so put what need to be put in the frig away..and off to the ATM..which is just a short walk next store..but what was reminded of one of my dad's favorite sayings.."If You don't have it in your head..You have to have it in Your feet"....
   Have spent the rest of the day as I often do on-line..gaming and tending to my duties as a moderator on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..and have spent some time fiddling with my layout on "Trollie's Game Room"..and doing a little research online..I have always been a confirmed library rat..and I see the Google research engine as the latest version of a card catalog in the library..the thing is I don't have to get dressed and go to the library..and can find everything I want in my rooms and dressed in my pajamas....
   The end of the day is upon me and ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment