Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, May 9, 2020

[171:41 UTC-4]
[+37*F/+29*F:w/windchill_partly cloudy_winds:west@14 mph_humidity:58%_barometer:29>84"/\_overnight Lo:+32*F]..{Sunday's Hi/Lo:+46*F/+37+F_rain expect in the evening]...[Now Playing on "MadTrollie">Away All Boats>]....
   I actually wasn't a bit surprised having spent most of the last 54 years in the Northcountry when I checked the weather just after 05:30 and saw that the windchill temperature was 18*F..and a look out my window revealed about an inch or so of snow covering the ground..but as I've mentioned in last nights post I've seen this scenario played out up here many times before....and the weather will be pretty much the same until Wednesday when the weather takes a turn to warmer temperatures..that's the good..the bad news is that with the warmer temperatures the rain will return....
   I had been debating with myself when to schedule a needed walk to Aldi..and actually could have waited until even Monday before I was to the end of most of my fresh food..primarily bananas..but had a "hole" in my morning game play right around 09:00 and decided to take the walk and get there just after they opened..actually behaved myself for a change and didn't get anything that wasn't on my list..which by some strange twist of fate I actually took with me..the only issue that arose was I grabbed an English cucumber and really didn't take its' overall length into consideration..and when it was time to pack it it was too long for my sling back..so I ended up with it sticking out the one end of the bag just an inch or two..now once in awhile I'll get a baguette at Price Chopper which are considerably longer than that cucumber..If I can find one of the bakers I get them to cut it in half but I have headed back to my rooms with about 8" of baguette hanging out the side of the sling back..but it's worth it..I do love a piece of good crusty bread....
   I now in possession enough bananas for the next 6 days or so..and have not intention of walking except for a stroll around the lawns or a sit-down..unless of course the state loosens up the restrictions..but I ain't holding my breath until the do..
   Still things to do so will end this post before it becomes a novella..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment