Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, May 11, 2020

[18:28 UTC-4]
[...FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 10 AM EDT TUESDAY... * WHAT...SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES IN THE UPPER 20S EXPECTED INLAND FROM THE IMMEDIATE LAKESHORES. * WHERE...NIAGARA, ORLEANS, MONROE, WAYNE, NORTHERN CAYUGA, OSWEGO, JEFFERSON, LEWIS, NORTHERN ERIE, GENESEE, LIVINGSTON, AND ONTARIO COUNTIES. * WHEN...FROM 1 AM TO 10 AM EDT TUESDAY. * IMPACTS...FROST AND FREEZE CONDITIONS WILL KILL CROPS, AND OTHER SENSITIVE VEGETATION. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... TAKE STEPS NOW TO PROTECT TENDER PLANTS FROM THE COLD. &&
[+39*F"/tonight's Lo:31*F/winds:w/n/w@5/humidity:75%/BP:29.97"/\]..[\Tuesday's:Hi/Lo: +44*F/+29*F  _cloudy_rain possible late afternoon thru early evening]...[Now playing on MadTrollie:<The Mix>]....
   Welcome to the Northcountry in Spring..the above Weather Warning was issued by the National Weather Service..and is the reason that we don't plant any annuals before Memorial Day [last Monday in May..and even then you often have to cover you plants after that..
   The rain to day was neither a severe or as extended was predicted so mid afternoon I took a walk first to the convenience store..the walk i aborted yesterday and then on the way back stopped off at Dollar General..earlier I had gone to the pantry to get a package of one of my fav snacks..pretzel hubs stuffed with peanut butter..and found I had none..besides I use different different colored ink ballpoint pens to record my game play..and the last one of one of the colors ran dry on me this morning..requiring a trip to Dollar General..now quite by accident my timing was impeccable..I ran into B who under the old management here at the hotel I live in was the head housekeeper..but she left in the change about a year ago..I has seen her a couple of months back..and found out she was now working at the Hilton Garden Inn..which was no surprise as the general manage under the old ownership had went there as well..but she's on layoff now because of the restrictions the hotels in the area are way below normal averages in guests..with the mall shutdown..no shoppers from Canada..and with no construction going on..no out-of-town workers..usually this place I live in
is almost full this time of year for the above two reasons..anyways we struck up a friendship almost instantly when I moved in here about 9-1/2 years ago..and I miss our conversations..it was good seeing her..at first because of the mask I didn't recognize her..but once I heard that Louisiana accent I knew it was her..where she grew up...
   A few things yet to accomplish so I will take my leave..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment