Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, May 30, 2020

[17:12 UTC-4]
[+62*F_cloudy_winds:w/s/w@11 mph_humidity:73%_barometer:29.85"\/_Today's:Lo:+42*]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   It's been much cooler today than it has been of late..we had some brief light rain earlier this afternoon..and a few showers are still possible toward mid-evening..after checking my and pantry and the weather forecast it became apparent that I needed to walk within the next two days..and decided to let the timing of my online play..particularly the three live games decided..just after 11:00 had a two hour window in which I had nothing coming due..ergo..off to Aldi..some bananas..a quart of liquid egg whites_some fruit flavored sparkling water_a bottle of  Worcestershire sauce which is one of several ingredients that go into my morning glass of tomato juice..but for the last 31+ months I have left the vodka out of the mix..and in what was almost miraculous actually remembered my shopping list and had actually remembered to add ketchup to the list..and as almost always happens decided I needed some sausage..so have a careful survey of the available offerings ended up with a package of turkey andouille sausage..not quite as good as the traditional poke..but an good substitute....
   As I mentioned last night although the official Memorial Day observance is now the 4th Monday in May..I'm a gimpy_grump_crotchety_old codger and for me Memorial day will now and forever [or at least until I am no longer among the living] remain the 30th of May..oh I forget to include I'm stubborn and set in my ways..but my thoughts have been with my dad and four uncles all who have pasted on..who served in WWII..I miss yous guys....
   The end of the day is fast approaching and still a few last details to attend to before I take my rest..ergo..nite all....  

No comments:

Post a Comment