Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

[18:19 UTC-4]
[+50*F_tonight's Lo:+34*F_sunny_winds:w/s/w@14 mph_humidity:35%_barometer:30:31*F"\/]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:<Away All Boats>]....
   Although there is another freeze warning for overnight tonight..the extended forecast for the next several day's predicts daytime highs in the 60s*F and over night lows in the 40s and 50s..finally is seems that Spring has sprung..and not a day to soon....
   Had things well in hand so decided to walk to Price Chopper and then be on the way back to Ollie's....In the area that I live in are three small drainage ponds..or at least that was there intended purpose..however the Canada Geese have an entirely different point of view on the purpose of said ponds..by this time most years we are awash in several mated pairs and there gaggle of little fuzz balls..and although until my morning walk seen a few pairs of adults I hadn't seen any little ones..on my way to Price Chopper I past by one of the ponds that has been fenced in..I observed thru the fence on the far side of it what I first thought was 2 mated pairs of adults..when I got closer and past them by there was one pair without any goslings..but the other pair..now it was hard to get an accurate count..tiny little buggers..could only have been a few days o;d and in at bunch bunch..best estimate was about 12..and further on two other pairs..one with 4 and the other with 6 and these were larger Id estimate maybe a week or so old..and I think I saw an old friend..one of last years hatch had a deformed foot and a very noticeable limp..and he had been around longer then most of the others..well today among the mated pairs and there was a single male with a limp..and a close look the deformed foot looked at least similar to the one from last years..could be my old friend..and yes I got severely hist at..got some peppers..some asparagus..some prepared horseradish..a couple of bottle of black cherry sparkling water and 3 packages of pre-fried haddock..and from Ollie's a couple of packages of candy and a bottle of very good olive oil which I got a deal on..was marked down 75%..and as I needed a bottle..a match made in heaven....
   I'm off to finish my online day so to one and all a very goodnight....    

No comments:

Post a Comment