Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, May 15, 2020

[17:24 UTC-4]
[+68*F_cloudy_winds:west@10_humidity:77%_barometer:29.76"\/_Saturday's Hi/Lo:+62*F/+45*F]....
[Now Playing: Hornblower:[Loyalty]....
   As I've said before if you don't like Northcountry weather..wait 15 minutes it will change..last night the prediction was for rain the entire day today with heavy rains and T-storms in the late afternoon and early evening..and while we did get some light rain overnight..the heavy rain and T-storms and possibly tornadoes..but as I watched the radar over the course of the day..it was going to hit us hard..with the wind out of the south/south/west..but the wind direction started to change..first to the southwest..thru the west/south/west..and now from the west..and at this point the storm will miss us completely..Mother Nature will have her little joke on the weatherman and on us....
   So I took advantage of the change in the weather to take a brief walk down to Ollie's and Dollar General..when I went to the cupboard last night to grab a one gallon storage bag discovered it was the last one..and I hadn't purchased the replacement for the quart size either..and I need my fav snicker doddle cookies at Dollar General..I got those items and when looking around Ollie's saw a bottle of sun-dried tomatoes which a put in my egg  dishes from time to time..and had just opened my last bottle..most probably stay in tomorrow although a nice day is on tap [knock wood] other then a sit down or stroll around the lawns..but since the advanced forecast predicts rain on Monday and Tuesday will probably walk to Aldi Sunday morning....
   On of the things I generally do this time of day..is to check the TV schedule for the next day..and if I find something I'd like to watch..plan my days activity round it..well tomorrow's scheduling of my day will be quite easy..there ain't squat to watch on any of the myriad channels available to me..which unfortunately not an uncommon experience....
  The end of the day upon me so I will take my leave and wish one and all a good night....

No comments:

Post a Comment