Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, May 7, 2020

[18:06 UTC-4]
[+52*F_cloudy_ winds:w/s/w@10 mph_humidity:43%_barometer:29:70"\/_tonight's Lo:+34*_some light rain is the evening hours]..{Friday's Hi/Lo:+43*F/+25*F_partly cloudy]....[Now Playing:"Elgar"]....
   I don't know why I was surprised but by mid afternoon I had all my on-line ducks in a-row..had just spent a bunch of time vetting new members for "The Farthest Side" and needed a break and decided to take a short walk around the lawns here and check the weather for temperature and wind..I had a hoodie on but wanted to check to see if I maybe should put my windbreaker on as well..now according to today's forecast that I had checked just after 05:30..it was supposed to be a nice day..daytime highs in the mid-50s and partly cloudy..what I found and also check on the radar was that light rain was expected for most of the evening hours..now it hasn't started to rain as of yet but the weather is threatening..now I've lived in the Northcountry for 54 years come the end of June..and the changeable weather should come as no surprise to me now..but it does catch me unawares..from time to time..but then the saying around here that I've mentioned before is "If you don't like the weather..wait 15 minutes..it will probably change..and for the worst"..I remember a day in October years ago I went to work on a fall day @07:30..and it was +75*F...by the time I left around 17:00 it was +36*F..and we got some light snow overnight..one Black Friday the temperature was in the mid-teens and we got 36" of snow..by that Monday the temperature was in the mid-50s and all the snow had melted.."Mother Nature" sure can be fickle in these parts....there other stories I could tell but maybe another time....
   Have spent a very  enjoyable day in my rooms..save for the short walk and a trip this AM to the lobby for my breakfast items..mostly on-line although did watch a little TV while eating my second meal..took a quiz that I get by email..this one was "are you creative or practical"..normally the quiz misses me by several miles..one of the last ones supposedly said it could guess my exact age..according to the quiz I was 28 years old..not bad..it was only off by 44 years..but they got this one right..the results were that I'm both..which is what I am..but not what I expect from it..but then a stopped clock is right twice-a-day....I will take my leave..nite all... 

No comments:

Post a Comment