Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

[17:14 UTC-4]
[+39*F/w/windchill:+31*F/overnight Lo:+30+F/mostly cloudy/winds:west@14 mph/humidity:75%/BP:30:25"~]..
[Wednesday's Hi/Lo:+51*F/+34*F/sunny/another freeze warning from midnight to 09:00 tomorrow]..[I decided not to post the latest freeze warning..pretty much the same as last night's just different times]
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:"Sink the Bismarck"]....
   I'm writing this post a little earlier than I normally do..but I'm trying to get most of what still needs to be done early so I can just sit down in my recliner and watch the TNT showing of the movie "Shooter"..I know I've seen it many times before..but I enjoy the flick and I really need to sit down for a while and relax..did I mention that Kate Mara is in the flick..I maybe old but I'm not dead yet and I intend to watch the ladies until the day they nail the lid over my head....
   Have spent the day in my fortress of solitude except for a trip to the lobby for my afternoon coffee and a nice chat with the owner which centered on the restrictions due to CV-19..it's his understanding that the restrictions as it applies to hotels will be in the 3rd of the states 4 phase plan..possibly in July..
   Oh and my fortress of solitude was invaded by three ladies...aka:my usual Tuesday visit from housekeeping..I survived and now have clean rooms and fresh linens..which I greatly appreciate..it's a job I can't really do myself anymore and won't if I could..when in college many moons ago I had a part-time job at the local public library in the city the college was in..and one of my functions was to clean the public restrooms..now I was 19 years old and still had a rather romantic view of the opposite sex..now the gentlemen among you are probably aware of the "poetry" that is scrolled on the walls of the stalls in the men's restrooms..having never been in a ladies' restroom I innocently thought that there would not be anything like that in the ladies' stalls..and I was right it was far worse..ergo..never again....
   It's nearly time for the start of the movie so to one and all..goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment