Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, May 4, 2020

[17:41 UTC-4]
[+47*F_cloudy_winds:northwest@10_humidity:57%_barometer:29.87"/\_Tonight's Lo:+42*F]....
[Now Playing on:>MadTrollie>Sink the Bismarck>]....
   It was exactly a beautiful day today..it rained earlier and after that it's been damp and windy..not exactly a great day for a sit down..on the other hand it was a bad day for a walk around the parking lot  and grounds around the hotel I live in..in point of fact it wasn't a bad day for that twice....
   I am aware that some may consider my living arrangements..i e living in a hotel which I've done for over nine years at this writing..well least unconventional..but..because of my diminishing eyesight..especially at night and in off weather conditions and added to that because of my essential tremors in stressful situations I can shake like a leaf as we said back in the day..I just don't trust myself behind the wheel..where I live on the edge of the commercial area of the small city I live in everything I need on a regular basis id within a 15 minute radius walk..including my doctor and there's an urgent care across the street..no need to drive or take public transit or cabs..although I pay more here then at the average studio/1 bedroom apartment here..I pay my rent once a month..no  utility bill..land line..TV..WiFi..no charge included in the rent..housekeeping once a week to clean my rooms and change the linens..again included..and access to a free breakfast..and most importantly..I don't have to mess with the snow removal..how one of my skills has always been very good math skills..when I say "I did the math"..you can take that to the bank..which I actually do..I save money living as I do..I'm not saying it would suit and/or work for everyone..but it works for me....
   I'm scheduling my day tomorrow around the fact that AMC is showing "The Hunt for Red October" in the early afternoon tomorrow..and yes even though I'm retired..since I prefer an orderly universe and the fact that old habits from my working days die hard..I still schedule my day..doesn't always works out the way I planned it..but most times it does..but even I have those days when I get interrupted..and find myself.."Where was I?..What was I doing?..and Why?....
   I think I here "Taps" playing in the background so will say my good nights....

No comments:

Post a Comment