Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

[17:50 UTC-4]
[+54*F_partly cloudy_winds:n/n/w@9_humidity:34%_barometer:29.82"\/_Tonight's Lo:+35*F]....
[Now Playing: Hornblower:"The Examination for Lieutenant"[link]]....
   Another very nice Spring day here in the Northcountry..and as planned just after 09:00 I headed out for Aldi..but decided to take a short detour up the hill to my bank and the ATM..I had check my budget and realized that I was do to get my "ten day walking around money" tomorrow and as I planned to walk today..and the bank was in the same direction as Aldi and on my way..ergo..just the usual fate..but bought more then /usual..I generally shop there 3 times a week but with the restrictions have been going every 5 or 6 days..well come to think of it I did pickup something different..when looking thru the "Aldi's finds" I discovered an item I have had before..a piece of Polish sausage imported from Warsaw..had it before and it was excellent..I grew up in near the City of Buffalo..in Western New York..there was a substantial population of people with Polish origins..and several fine Polish butcher shops and fresh made sausage..and this product reminds me of those sausages of old..and the days of my youth....
   Mid-afternoon with most of my on-line games and such in good order..I decided to grab my folding chair and have a sit-down on the back lawns..and just enjoy the warmer weather..by observation the trees are starting to show the buds that will soon become leaves..on the other hand the dandelions are already in full bloom..on the other hand the leaves of the plant if harvested before the flowers bloom are good eatin'....
   At this point I have no plans to walk for the next four or five days..have more than enough supplies on hand and will be a good boy and stay in..well except for my strolls around the lawns and my probably daily sit-downs if the weather cooperates....
   Still things to do so will say to one and all goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment